What We Do
Emerson Investment Management’s institutional philosophy is distinguished by investment strategies consistently employed through years of changing markets. We believe successful results are derived from a combination of established processes, independent thinking, passion and persistence. Since 1985, we have managed the assets of endowments, foundations, qualified retirement plans and affluent families.
The products we manage — and every investment we make — reflect the key components of Emerson’s investment philosophy:
- Seek capital preservation and growth.
- Diversify and rebalance with discipline.
- Drive long-term performance via independent thinking and proprietary analysis.
- Focus on time in the market, not timing the market.
Our “bottom-up” research approach to evaluating each investment opportunity includes:
- Efficiently screening the universe of securities using proprietary quantitative factors
- Forming detailed price objectives with proprietary valuation tools
- Quantifying catalysts and growth potential through fundamental analysis
Our investment team embraces active management and seeks to generate alpha with below-market risk. We use several parameters to drive long-term performance and manage risk:
- Limits on individual stock exposure and defined corridors for sector exposure
- Sell disciplines for each product
- Record of low turnover
- Periodic security reviews along with portfolio performance reviews and attribution
Investment Strategy Committee
Emerson’s investment professionals, many of whom are CFA charter holders, apply skillful analysis and thoughtful perspective to investment decisions based on experience, proprietary processes and independent third-party sources.
To facilitate cross-sector collaboration, our equity and fixed income investment teams meet regularly with the Investment Strategy Committee. The ISC culls ideas from members with expertise in fixed income, equity, alternatives, trading and portfolio management to formulate Emerson’s vision for global financial markets, and allocate the assets accordingly.
If we can assist you with your particular institutional needs, we welcome your inquiries.